New research suggests that vitamins D3 and K2 may support immune system function by supporting healthy cell growth.*
• Bone Health*
• Calcium Balance*
• Cardiovascular Function*
About Vitamin D:
• Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for maintaining normal calcium metabolism.* Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) can be synthesized by humans in the skin upon exposure to ultraviolet-B (UVB) radiation from sunlight, or it can be obtained from the diet.
• Maintenance of serum calcium levels within a normal range is vital for normal functioning of the nervous system, as well as for bone growth, and maintenance of bone density.* Vitamin D is essential for the efficient utilization of calcium by the body.
• Adequate vitamin D levels may be important for maintaining blood pressure within normal ranges.* Vitamin D also impacts heart health by supporting the body’s natural cytokine production and vascular function.*
About Vitamin K2: This formula includes the soy-free, clinically tested MenaQ7®.
• Works primarily outside of the liver in bones and blood vessels.
• Vitamin K2, known as menaquinone-7 (MK-7), is the form that has been shown to support bone formation.*
• When our bodies are deficient in vitamin K2, bone structure and function can be compromised.*
• Factors that cause a vitamin K2 deficiency include: poor diet, the use of certain prescription drugs, as well as long term use of antibiotics.
• Vitamin K2 functions primarily as a co-factor for the enzyme responsible for the carboxylation of specific bone proteins. Carboxylation is an important biochemical processes that gives the bone proteins “claws” so they can hold onto calcium. Proteins that don’t get enough Vitamin K2 can’t hold onto calcium. Without a functioning protein to control calcium, it will drift out of bone and into other soft tissue. Vitamin K2 helps to redirect the placement of calcium.*